On the 23rd of June 2019, a Baptism Service, which was conducted by Revd. Canon Steven Asirvatham and Revd. Paul Xavier, was held for 5 individuals at Abundant Grace Presbyterian Church.
These 5 individuals came to know Jesus Christ through our church members and were encouraged to attend the baptism classes in order to know more. As they began to learn more about God through these classes, their faith in God began to grow.
- Joanna Bhagyavathy
- Faith Bavani
- Paul Sarhan
- Asher Keerthi Kesan
- John Siri Murugan
Sarah Vania has been attending our church for over a year and she is a faithful follower who loves the Lord with all her heart. Revd. Paul Xavier who led her to Christ, baptized her on the 24th of November.
On the 8th of December, Brother Elamaran Rajkumaran and Sister Eunice Pauline’s daughter “Michaela Rhea Rajkumaran” went through Infant Baptism by Revd. Canon Steven Asirvatham. What a joy to celebrate baby Michaela’s christening!
Baptism is the Sacrament of Admission into the church where plunging one’s body into water by the priest symbolizes the believer’s renunciation of their former self and entry into a new life through Jesus. When one is baptized, they enter into a covenant to:
- “come into the fold of God” [become a member of His Church]
- “be called His people” [take upon ourselves the name of Christ]
- “die to his/her former nature and is reborn as a new creation”
- “be willing to bear one another’s burdens”
- “comfort those that are in need of comfort”
- “stand as witnesses of Jesus Christ at all times and in all things, and in all places” [testifying about Christ and setting a good example]
- “serve God and walk in His ways.”
Beginning this journey through faith is a beautiful experience. May your baptism be the solid foundation that anchors and supports your lifelong relationship with God.
Church of the Epiphany warmly extends its congratulations to all our baptism candidates!